PayPal is the most popular payment processing site in the world and currently provides service to over 225 million people in 200 different countries.If you think the service is right for you, you can create a free account in a matter of minutes by visiting PayPal’s official website.
Signing Up for PayPal
Click "Sign Up" on the PayPal website. To create your account, go to the PayPal homepage. Click the "Sign Up" button on the upper righthand corner of the screen.
- You can access the homepage at this link: https://www.paypal.com/us/home
- Decide between a personal and business account. PayPal will immediately ask you to choose between a personal and business account. A personal account is best for online shopping and exchanging money with friends and family members.
Set up your email and password. PayPal doesn't require you to create a username, but you should link one e-mail address to your PayPal account. You'll also need to set up a secure password.XResearch sourcehttps://www.digitalunite.com/guides/shopping-banking/online-banking/how-use-paypal
- The e-mail address you use is up to you. Just make sure it's an address you use often and can easily log into to get notifications about when your money comes through.
- You will give PayPal a lot of sensitive information, so make sure your password is secure. Use a combination of upper and lower case letters as well as numbers and special characters (like #, !, @, etc.). A random string of numbers, letters, and special characters (i.e., 13b%E56s$T89!) is generally better than a recognizable word (i.e., HaPPy123!).
- Provide basic information. After you set up your password, you'll be redirected to a page asking for basic information. Provide PayPal with information such as your name, birth date, address, and phone number.
- Connect your PayPal with your bank or card. Click the Wallet link at the top of the page, then click Link a card or bank. From there, you can choose to link a credit or debit card, or to link your PayPal directly to your bank account. You’ll need to enter the number for your card, or the account number and routing number for your account.
Confirm your card or account if prompted. For security purposes, PayPal will sometimes need you to confirm that you’re the owner of your card or linked account. Go to your PayPal Wallet and click the Confirm Credit Card link if you see one. PayPal will confirm your linked payment method by charging a small fee to your card. Once the account or card is confirmed, you’ll be refunded right away. Your account is now ready to use!
- If you’re asked to enter a 4-digit code, look for the PayPal charge on your debit or credit card statement. It will look something like PayPal*1234 CODE or PP*1234 CODE.
- On your PayPal account, click Wallet, then click on the card you want to confirm. Enter the 4 digits (in this case, 1234) and submit.
Spending Money Via PayPal
- Deposit money. Even if your PayPal is empty, PayPal can draw from your bank to make payments. However, some people prefer to have money in their PayPal account itself. To put money in your PayPal account, log onto your account and then click "Transfer Money." You can then transfer money to your PayPal account through the bank account linked to your account.
- Make online purchases using PayPal. Many sites have a "Pay with PayPal" button at check out. If you choose this button, you usually just have to enter the e-mail address associated with your account to pay. This can be a lot quicker than entering credit card information.